The Alcotest 6820 is the logical successor to the successful Alcotest 6810. It offers both 'passive' and 'active' testing options.
The compact hand-held measuring instrument Alcotest is quickly ready for use and is adaptable to international guidelines. With an even more sturdy enclosure and the proven Dräger sensor, Alcotest 6820 is a reliable partner for breath alcohol analyses.
A professional breath alcohol testing device must be able to withstand some abuse. The Alcotest 6820 new design and quality workmanship make this unit ideal for use in demanding conditions. Thanks to its durable material it is highly resistant to rough weather conditions such as cold or moisture, and it satisfies protection class IP 54.
Alcotest 6820 is also equipped with the proven electrochemical Dräger sensor. This sensor is characterised by very short response times coupled with precision and durability. Test results are always reliable regardless whether the temperature is -5 °C or +50 °C. Even with a high alcohol content, the sensor provides fast accurate results. And this is true for both active as well as passive measurements.
High user comfort
Testing intoxicated people requires a high degree of concentration. This is where the true value of an easy to operate device comes into play. All measurement functions are controlled with a single button. Easily understandable full-text messages on a large, backlit display guide you safely through the alcohol test. An LED display and acoustic signals support the visual display and report the completion of a test measurement. Two menu buttons are used for navigation and the collection of statistical data.
Alcotest 6820 offers a balanced, ergonomic design. Its compact form makes it especially easy to hold and operate with only one hand. The mouthpiece of the Alcotest 6820 unit is easily snapped into the holder even when it’s dark thanks to its intuitive shape - regardless whether you are right-handed or left-handed or whether testing traffic moving on the right or left side of the road. The display is always in clear view. After use, the mouthpiece is just as easily and hygienically removed again.
Data processing and documentation
The expanded memory capacity of Alcotest 6820 is able to record up to 5000 test results. An optical interface enables wireless transmission of data to the Dräger mobile printer directly on site. Data is transferable to the PC via USB connection and the same connection can be used to configure the device.
The patented Dräger mouthpieces prevent any manipulation attempts. The optional return valve simultaneously ensures maximum hygiene. Alcotest 6820 uses the same reliable mouthpieces such as Alcotest models 6510 and 6810.
A wide strap supports safe and comfortable use of the Alcotest 6820 testing device. The strap can be attached to your belt or around the wrist and secured with either buckles or Velcro. Reflectors make it easier to locate the device in the dark.
- Test method Electrochemical Dräger sensor for 1/4“ technology; alcohol-specific
- Test range 0 to 2.5 mg/L; display indication when exceeding test range
- Sampling Standard: automatic sampling when minimum volume is reached
- Passive sampling or manual triggering of sampling possible
- Ready for use Approx. 2 seconds after powering up
- Test result display Approx. 3 seconds (with 0 mg/l), 10 s (at 0.5 mg/l, room temperature)
- Operating temperature -5 to +50 °C; -4 to +122 °F
- Display Graphic LCD display with background illumination; 41 mm x 24 mm (128 x 64 pixels)
- LED 3 colours to indicate messages or alerts
- Acoustic alarms
- Different signal tones indicate various messages and alerts
- Memory Space for saving the last 5000 tests with test number, date and time
- Power supply Two AA batteries or NiMH batteries, battery indicator on the display.
- Around 1500 breath tests can be conducted with one set of batteries.
- Charging rechargeable NiMH batteries is possible in device
- Calibration Wet gas or dry gas calibration
- Dimensions (H x W x D), weight 147 mm x 65 mm x 39 mm, approx. 260g
- Device configuration
- Device settings configurable directly via device menu (PIN required).
- No additional PC software required
- Vibration and impact Meets EN 60068-2-6, EN 60068-2-27, EN 60068-2-64, MIL-STD 810F
- CE marking Directive 89/336/EEC (electromagnetic compatibility)
- Data interfaces USB to PC; optical interface for printer control
- Standard Meets EN 15964
- Protection type IP 54