Workplace Based Certified Drug & Alcohol Collector
Nationally Accredited Training
The course is now online.
The Australian Standards neccessitate the need for people who adminster drug tests to become 'certified' to adhere to the National Standard. We offer training to that level of certification and to make it more convenient for you, have placed the entire course online.
Our course will give you the skills to perform and meet the duties of a nationally certified drug & alcohol collector.
CMM Technology specialise in drug and alochol testing and have developed a nationally recognised Drug and Alcohol Collection training course which includes: urine sample collection and testing, oral fluid (saliva) sample collection and of course breathalyser operation.
In 2017, it is a requirement for companies collecting urine or oral fluid samples who wish to meet Australian Standards to have their collectors trained as per the definition of collector under AS/NZS4308 and AS4760.
New Unit of Competency - HLTPAT005 NOW AVAILABLE!
The previous Unit of Competency, HLTPAT304D, has been superseded, a new nationally recognised Unit of Competency, HLTPAT005 - Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing, has been introduced and is now available
Urine, Oral Fluid (Saliva) and Breath Alcohol Testing
You will learn the theory and practical elements of carrying out a range of workplace drug and alcohol testing and also the related record-keeping requirements of performing these duties:
- Urine sample collection and testing (AS/NZS 4308);
- Oral fluid (saliva) sample collection and testing (AS 4760);
- Breathalyser operation
Complete Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing delivered by Expert Industry Experienced Trainers
- Detailed overview of Drug and Alcohol Collection and Testing.
- Best practice principles to ensure privacy and confidentiality
- Safety, Duty of Care, and Risk Management
- Plan and perform appropriate collection and testing activities
- Plan and perform breath alcohol specimen collection for onsite alcohol testing
- Plan and perform urine specimen collection for onsite drug testing
- Plan and perform oral fluid (saliva) specimen collection for onsite drug testing
- Respectful communication about testing activities and outcomes
- Respond effectively to testing challenges including non-negative test results
- Theory and practical assessments
- Record keeping requirements for Drug and Alcohol collection and testing
Unit of Competency
Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency:
- Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing (HLTPAT005)
- People that would like to become certified to perform workplace drug and alcohol testing.
- Employment pathways could include drug and alcohol testing at mine sites, large industrial sites, transport depots, medical centres and other workplaces or environments where the need for drug and alcohol screening has been identified as a Occupational Health and Safety requirement.
- For most people the course takes approximately 8 hours of study. Training is delivered online.
Please email or call now to discuss or register your interest.
For non-accredited and refresher courses please see our online training offerings.