The Lifeloc FC5 Hornet tests for the presence of alcohol without the need for mouthpieces (passive testing) or special attachments (mouthpieces).
Three testing modes ensure full user control: Pass/Fail, High/Low Levels and Open Container.
Economical, rugged and easy to use the FC5 Hornet is designed and ideally suited for workplace testing, probation, parole and law enforcement.
Lifeloc FC Plus uses full sized platinum fuel cell technology that powers this globally recognised law enforcement equipment. Lifeloc breathalysers are used in over 35 countries and by many law enforcement agencies, for a very good reason - they are exceptionally reliable and accurate!
This unit is recommended for workplace testing, law enforcement and healthcare applications.
Key Product Features:
- Alcohol Specific. Lifeloc FC5 is always and only alcohol specific. Common semiconductor devices can give positive readings even when no alcohol is present.
- Reliable. The combination of long working life, alcohol specificity and high accuracy adds up to a device that can be trusted to perform.
- Accurate. Lifeloc FC5 uses the same fuel cell technology that Lifeloc put into their law enforcement breathalysers.
- Easy to Use. prompts you with easy to understand icons on a high-resolution screen – making it easy and fast to get readings
- Electrochemical fuel cell
- Convenient menu
- Ease of Use in the Field. With just two extra large buttons, the Lifeloc FC5 easily allows the operator to:
- Capture breath samples
- Operate whilst wearing gloves.
- Visual & audible cues assist the operator to know exactly where they are during the sampling process.
- Menu driven, customisable software easily guides users through the testing process.
- Audible prompts to ensure proper test taking
- Breath pressure sensor - Test won’t activate until subject begins blowing giving additional security with an uncooperative subject
The Lifeloc FC5 uses a platinum electrochemical sensor (fuel cell) – the standard in the police issued breath testers. The long term stability of the sensor means you can count on accurate results year after year.*
Ease of Use
- User selectable test modes
- POS/NEG Mode, Levels Mode and Open Container options
- Dual trigger modes
- End of breath: test taken at end of breath sample
- Large backlit LCD display
- Excellent day or night visibility
- Full 64 character display
- Easy to understand prompts with full text alerts
- Power saving auto shut-off
- Sturdy & rugged design
- Rubber grip protects the unit from damage
- Fits securely in your hand, small enough to fit in a shirt pocket
- Heavy duty components and rugged case
- Long battery life